Saturday, February 19, 2011

Cause Of Broken Capillaries In Breast

When a teacher becomes student ...

Recently, I hosted a management training project in two days for economics teachers of vocational education, from different schools. The second morning, what was my surprise to learn that six teachers - half the group - had asked their manager not to attend the training which does not meet what they wanted. They had obtained the support of their leadership ...

Admittedly there was a problem regarding the objectives of this training. Those who had been reported as a trainer were not those on which teachers had registered, this training is more for the most part a "third choice".

So there was a real problem, but - even though I had tried throughout the first day to request teachers to stick to their reality - at any moment the teachers concerned have expressed so explicit what would cause them to abandon. If they did, we would of course analyze the situation together to find solutions, as we have done elsewhere with other participants after learning this renunciation.

It is still very challenging. Assume for a moment and as a simple assumption that some students of these teachers feel that the courses they provide their answers do not quite what they want. Let these students go speak with the management of the institution by asking to be able to stop attending courses in economics. Suppose management believes this request quite justified and therefore decided to exempt those students from the obligation to form in this branch. What would the reaction of teachers? They would accept for one second that attitude, both from the students that direction?

Telling my mishap to one of my colleagues who had given the same training in the same context (and therefore with the same problem with the statement of objectives), she told me that he had a similar experience, except that dissatisfied teachers gathered at a table with his back to the trainer, reading, talking or typing the card ...! Teachers who continued to follow the training, it interesting, they had asked to have at least have the decency to leave. But they remained clearly showing their contempt. Again, I can not imagine for one second what would be the reaction of these protesters if their teachers allowed students to do the same thing as them!

My job brought me to train adults in many contexts (private companies, government departments, parastatals, education ...) and around the world. This broad experience has led me to believe that the public most difficult training consists of Western teachers. My latest experience has only strengthened this perception.

Far be it from me to generalize. Former teacher myself, I can testify that there are many teachers who take a very positive attitude in training, trying to enjoy it, even if it does not always correspond exactly what they want.

Still, when I hear these same teachers complain about the conditions under which they must work, related including the motivation of students and their negative attitudes, I can only wonder if these teachers are not just students that they deserve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment